It was a big week of announcements for Google as the company hosted their annual Google I/O conference in San Francisco. From a Google+ redesign, a new messaging app, and a Pandora-like service, Google reminded everyone that they’re not a company that likes to sit around. Also in this podcast, we talk about building custom PCs, leaving the Apple cult for Android, the resurrection of Steve Jobs, and Yahoo’s rumored desires to acquire Tumblr.
As always, thanks for listening.
Table of Contents:
- Building custom computers [1:47]
- Google IO announcements [17:45]
- Switching from iOS to Android [28:08]
- Yahoo’s rumored acquisition of Tumblr [49:38]
- AMD’s next-gen APU unifies CPU/GPU memory, should appear in Kaveri, Xbox 720, PS4
- Google Launches “Google Play Music All Access” On-Demand $9.99 A Month Subscription Service
- Google unveils Samsung Galaxy S 4 running stock Android Jelly Bean, available June 26th for $649
- Everything Apple Needs to Introduce at WWDC to Appease the Internet
- Tim Cook coffee date fetches $610,000 in charity auction
- Apple Executive Refused to Sign Maps Apology
- Yahoo! Board Said to Weigh Billion-Dollar Tumblr Deal
- Facebook kills social suicide app Social Roulette
- Google+ Rolls Out Design Changes Ahead of Facebook ‘New Look’ Launch
- Google’s new Hangouts app will soon support SMS
- Ringke Fusion Google Nexus 4 case
- iPad mini vs Nexus 7 – Drop Test!
- iPad Survives 100,000+ Foot Fall From Space Near Area 51
- 5 Places Google Glass Has Already Been Banned
- Tupac Hologram Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre Perform Coachella Live 2012