It’s a new world record. We’ve talked about Mailbox in every single one of our podcasts and today’s episode was no exception. Just when we taught we had exhausted all discussion about the much-hyped email app that failed to blow Joseph’s mind, Mailbox announces earlier this morning that they were acquired by Dropbox! As you can tell from my reaction, I was pretty stunned by the news. As we learned from Draw Something, hype certainly can lead to quick acquisitions.
Other topics discussed include Samsung’s zany and bizarre launch event for their flagship phone, the Galaxy S4. Will the world’s top selling phone continue to sell like hotcakes with the latest iteration of the popular phone?
Also, we share our favorite “hidden” iOS tricks and finish off by talking about Google’s decision to sunset Reader.
Thanks for listening!
Table of Contents:
- Mailbox Acquired by Dropbox [2:15]
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Launch Event [12:59]
- Top 4 iOS Tricks [32:16]
- Death of Google Reader [40:36]
- The Engadget Podcast
- Blue 1950 Yeti USB Microphone
- Welcome Mailbox
- To Grow Even Faster, Mailbox is Joining Dropbox
- Google buys Sparrow, current apps will not get any new features
- Done Deal: Zynga Gets “Draw Something” Phenom By Acquiring OMGPOP. (We’re Hearing $210M.)
- Draw Something Loses 5M Users a Month After Zynga Purchase
- Groupon CEO is Out
- Dropbox: The Inside Story Of Tech’s Hottest Startup
- The Fallout of the Dropbox Security Breach
- Mailbox Cost Dropbox Around $100 Million
- Facebook Buys Instagram for $1 Billion
- Watch this: Samsung’s complete, and completely weird, Galaxy S4 announcement
- Apple WWDC 2002 – The Death Of Mac OS 9
- Qualcomm’s insane CES 2013 keynote in pictures and tweets
- Dismiss Intrusive iOS Notifications With a Tug
- A second spring of cleaning
- Google Pulls Ad-Blocking Apps From Play Store For Violating Developer Distribution Agreement
- Joseph Chang’s website