Thank you for your interest in contributing to LonePlacebo. Guest posts are usually reviewed within two days, if not send me an email or @reply on Twitter. Please read the following guidelines before submitting a guest post to LonePlacebo.
Any article you submit to LonePlacebo must be your own original, unpublished work. If the post is published, you are granting LonePlacebo to be the sole publisher of the article online. You are permitted to publish excerpts (no more than 2 paragraphs) to your own website or blog.
What to write about
Take a look at some of the most recent blog posts published on LonePlacebo. That should give you a general idea of the type of content I’ll be looking for. Here are some types of posts I often write about:
- Tips on being more productive with technology.
- How-to’s, tutorials, walkthroughs
- List posts. Yes, everyone loves them.
- Reviews of Mac apps, web apps, iPhone apps.
- Startups, entrepreneurs
When submitting an article, please use the form provided below. Articles must also be at least 500 words in length. Here are some other things to keep in mind:
- Images should not exceed a width of 525px
- Blog posts should be formatted in HTML. This makes my job easier and I will be more likely to approve your guest post. I recommend composing your article in WordPress or a text editor like Sublime Text.
- If you have images, send them to me separately via email at tony [at] loneplacebo [dot] com. Remember to compress them in tools like Photoshop, Smush.it, or ImageOptim.
- Use headings wherever appropriate to enhance readability. Some general tips:
<h1>, <h2>: reserved for blog post title; ie, don’t use them
<h3>: major subheadings