I’ve tried a boatload of note taking apps for iOS and frankly, most of them suck.
- Evernote – Slower than a trip to the DMV.
- Simplenote – Pretty good, but I stopped using it for some reason.
- Notes(stock app) – Font choices reminiscent of a Geocities website.
Yeah, I can’t remember the rest. Probably since most failed to leave an impression on me.
My concept of a perfect note taking app for mobile would encompass the following:
- Super fast – Open and write immediately.
- Synchronization – I don’t want to be emailing myself notes I’ve created just so I can read them on my computer.
- Beautiful, user friendly – A note taking app should not be hard to use. Period.
With that, I think I’ve found the perfect match. It’s called Drafts.